Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

South Simbu Christian Academy-Tuesday: July 13, 2010

"As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far county"
-Proverbs 25:25

I read this verse in my Bible today, and I had to chuckle as I thought it very appropriate. I certainly do have good news to report from a far country.

Yesterday was my first day of teaching at South Simbu Christian Academy. I am feeling much better., not quite 100%, but well enough to teach. I drink lots of teach and consume cough drops like they are candy. I am about out of both, and have appealed to my mom to send me more. Perhaps with a little chocolate.

Anyway, back to school, I have 12 students. Six are 6th graders (all about 14 years old). The boys are Joku, Moses, Mike, and Goro. The girls are Mu and Ambai. I also have six 4th grade students. The girls are JB, Janet, and Sofi, and the boys are Bomai, Yuanis, and kaubeck. It is really nice to have some female students. My last few years teaching in the states I have not had very many girl students.

My students seem to be bright , and hard workers. The school day ends whenever we are finished with school. Today school ran a little late, and I thought the kids would be anxious to leave. I dismissed class, and the 6th graders stayed for another 45 minutes. After about 15 minutes, I thought that they didn't understand that I had dismissed them. I asked them if they knew they were dismissed. They did! :)

1 comment:

  1. Glad your feeling better! It is so nice to be able to get on your blog and read all the latest updates. I miss you a lot, but am so happy for you and your willingness to serve others and take on new adventures.

    ReplyDelete